Eric Kenyon SFG, RKC, FMS
• Eighteen years professional strength coach and physical educator
• Strong First level 1 certified Russian kettlebell instructor
• RKC Level 1 certified Russian kettlebell instructor
• FMS movement screening and restoration certified
• Strength & conditioning coach for Evan Strong, Olympic gold medalist snowboard racer.
• 6 years S & C coach at Aikido’Ka, Grass Valley
• S & C coach for Abigail Beck, ranked 8th nationally in Judo, women’s 70kg class
• S & C coach for Magni Corps Throwers, & Black Dog Scottish Highland Games teams
• S & C coach for key members of Air Aligned Aerial Dance Group
• S & C coach for Key members of Beyond Fire Tribe
• S & C coach for CDF Helitack firefighting crew, Grass Valley CA.
• S & C coach for USFS Wildland firefighters Truckee CA.
• Assistant trainer to Pavel Tsatsouline in training of U.S. Marines and Navy SEAL’s
• Twice attended RKC level II advanced kettlebell instructor training
• Regular, comprehensive S & C training w/ Senior RKC Mark Toomey
• Attended cutting edge “Easy Strength” seminar with Pavel Tsatsouline and Dan John.
• Trained in Soviet/Russian method powerlifting
• Receiving regular instruction from physical educator and exercise historian Ron Jones.
• 14 years in San Francisco, avant-garde theater as dancer, actor, and director
• Scottish Highland Games competitor
• Aerial dance training with Air Aligned
• 3 years Okinawan Kenpo Karate
• 3 years college Judo
• 1 year training in Philippine Kun-tao with Guru Mel HeBert
• Practicing Aikido at Aikido’Ka with Sensei Frank Bloksberg.
Eric has been training athletes and non-athletes, in the San Francisco Bay area, Gold Country and beyond since 1999. He draws on a lifetime of competing in a variety of sports from youth to college level, a very active stretch in the US Army, and full time study & practice of Soviet sports science since 2002.
Eric’s style of instruction is very different from mainstream fitness training. Soviet/Russian methods focus on adept, natural movement, rather than working muscles or body parts in isolation. This makes for extremely strong, confident, well balanced and resilient athletes.
These days Eric’s students range from retired seniors improving their golf game to US Navy SEALs. These local professionals also depend on Eric for top level conditioning: wildland & structural firefighters, Nevada County Sheriffs, professional aerialists, dancers & acrobats, and master instructors in Tai-chi, Aikido, Kun-tao, & Win-chun.
Alison Kenyon RKC
RKC Level 1 certified Russian kettlebell instructor
Core strength & flexibility workshops, w/ Pavel Tsatsouline
RKC level II prep course, w/ Master RKC Mark Reifkind
Attended RKC level II advanced kettlebell training
Regular training w/ Senior RKC Mark Toomey
Professional level Chinese acrobatics
Pro level hand balancing
Pro level Argentine Tango
Scottish Highland Games Competitor
Trained in Soviet/Russian method powerlifting
Alison has been a professional athlete and physical performer of one kind or another since 1993. She brings a wealth of real-world experience to her students. At various times Alison has worked internationally as an acrobat, clown, actress, contortionist, fire dancer, tango dancer and instructor, strong-woman and professional wrestler. Since 2005 she has assisted Eric in the training of his students and found herself to be an excellent coach. She has also become an enthusiastic student and teacher of Russian style athletic training.
Alison is currently working on a book for teen women addressing the subjects of healthy diet, lifestyle,and self-image.
Eric’s e-mail: EricKenyonRKC@yahoo.com
Mailing address: 16487 Dog Bar Rd. Grass Valley, CA 95949